Thursday, April 15, 2010

Settling In

4/15/10 10:14am

Just a little bit of an up-date. Mother is settling in fine. She has her good moments and bad as can be expected. Yesterday I stopped by at noon to check on her before I went to a Chamber luncheon. She looked depressed. She was just sitting all alone in her room in a wheel chair staring at the wall. I wanted to take her outside or just visit but I had to leave.

At 3:00 Kathy and Anne stopped by to be with her. Kathy reported that mother was doing just great. She would talk and smile. At 5:00 after work I stopped by to see her. She was in bed. I helped her with her dinner. She had turkey noodle soup, some beets and crackers. The therapist wants her to feed herself but without the use of her right arm it is hard. She eats with her left and is a bit shaky. As she brings the spoon to her mouth the soup spills on her napkin. I stayed with her for about one hour.

At 7:30 I came back to watch the Jazz with her. She had the TV on to the Jazz and it was very loud. She was asleep. I woke her, we watch the Jazz but she seemed out of it and would drift off to sleep. At half time I left to go home. She asked me “what temperature is it?” What she wanted to know was the score.

I visited with her briefly this morning at 9:00. She was with Ty Wakefield her therapist. He works with her every day. She was using special straps to aid her in standing up. It is especially hard because she is only using her left leg.

This will be the best for mother. I just couldn’t believe how good she was doing. She smiled at me and we laughed sarcastically at how well she was doing. She was not complaining of pain or anything. She was just doing what they asked.

I think I will get a blog put together so everyone can go in and see pictures and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment