Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dr Visits

Mothers first appointment was with Dr Reber, her surgeon. He said the leg is healing fine and the stitches could come out now but he decided not to rush it because of her age. He left them in and put a new cast on her leg. It is the same as the old one placed last week. He wants her to begin to walk on it. I will speak to the therapist about this and make sure he has new orders for her rehab. She will have an appointment next week with him. I think he will put a walking cast on at time.

The visit with Dr Empy went well. We voiced concerns about depression. He had prescribed a light dose about 10mg I think. He said he would double this to 20mg. We also talked about the effects of the stroke and her eating and talking. She will continue to receive treatment for that. Her blood pressure was good but a bit on the high side, 145 over 85.

I'll keep you posted with how she is doing so check back.

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment