Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ice Cream

I'm sure most of you know how much Mother likes ice cream. Last night Kathy, Anne and I went to visit Mother. We watched the Jazz game and at half time I asked Mom if she would like some ice cream. She just wrinkled her face and said no. So I left anyway and went to Smiths for some. I got chocolate swirl, some plastic bowls, spoons and something to dip it with. Mother's eyes lit up. I helped her eat hers. That made her day. She seemed kind of down when we got there but after the ice cream she was much happier.

Earlier yesterday I stopped by to check on her. Her right hearing aid was not working so I took it to a specialist here in town to have it cleaned and checked out. Also she had a crown fall off her back lower tooth. Pour Mother when it rains it pours.

I just got back from visiting her today (Thursday) and brought back her hearing aid all repaired and in working order. The Dr that fixed it for her only charged $5. What a deal.

I have a dentist that I know very well that I hope will be willing to stop by her room to glue her crown back on. I left a message for him today.

Mother seems much happier today. I think that the depression medication she is taking is helping.

She is now able to put all her weight on her leg and walk. I dont think she can take many steps yet but with the help of her therapist she is making great progress. She said it is painful for her but she does what they ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment