Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My teeth don't work

I had a nice visit with Mother Sunday. We watched the second half of the Jazz game.

There are 2 important things that I found out:

1) Mother says that her teeth don't work. I asked what she means by that and she says because of the stroke she cant chew her food. Because of this it is hard for her to eat not to mention that she doesn't like the food they are preparing for her. I advised the nurse about this. They report that she is going to a speech therapist for treatment. The will also look to help her with eating.

2) Some of you have called to visit with Mother. She reports that it is very had to for her to talk. So she doesn't want to answer the phone. When Greg called he reported that Mother couldn't hear very well. I think she can hear fine but just is having a very hard time communicating. I told her that we would keep calling her but to do her best and we would do all the talking.

If you want to talk with Mother just understand her problem talking. I wonder if she will answer the phone because it is hard for her.

I really feel bad that she has such a hard time talking. She told me that she has not called any of her friends because of this. She really feels alone.

I also visited with her last night. She is struggling with being in bed. She wanted me to fix her pillow. I just had a hard time getting it adjusted how she wanted it. I made several attempts to help her. She told me that it was better but I wonder if I ever helped.

She has two Dr apts today. One at 1:00 with her surgeon. He will take out the stitches and put a new ankle walking cast on. The other appointment is at 3:00 with Dr Empy, her medical Dr. We will discuss her problems with depression, talking and the effects of the stroke.

That's all for now.

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment