Monday, June 7, 2010

Up-date on the wound

Last Wednesday, mother had a visit at the wound clinic in St George. Mothers Surgeon, Dr Reber has a partner that is runs the wound clinic so it is a nice marriage. Mother sure seemed happy about her chances now. I visited with the nurses about what is expected now. Mother wears a mechanical wound pump that keeps the wound clean and dry. (I could be wrong about its function but that is how I understand how it works). It has a small 1/4" tube that is inserted into the wound. The hope is that the skin that has sluffed off the wound and wont close and also wont permit new skin growth will die so new tissue can grow in its place. Really it is this "sluffing skin" that is causing the problems. They also change the bandages every 3 days. I think this new approach is very positive.

Brad, Sonjia and family were here this weekend. They spent a good amount of time with mother bringing her to My home on both Saturday and Sunday. Sunday we cooked a turkey that Richard and Rachel provided. Mother ate a big plate of food and I bet that was the best meal she has had since her fall. I know that she enjoyed the day. Thanks Brad and Sonjia for spending the time!

Your faith and prayers are working!

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment